Sunday, September 7, 2008

I can't hear you

Okay so get this. Jess and I go to a small store this morning to gather a few items. This is right after we move to our new apartment, number 5. Yes this is our 5th apartment here in Kiev, apparently apartments are a hot commodity and you can only stay in one for a few days. So we are back in the first apartment that we stayed in when we first arrived in Kiev. It is okay, but when we arrived Jesse did not have access to the internet like he was promised so he was not happy. Finally at some point he was able to get online…thank goodness! Back to the store. Jess and I bought water, candy bars, and Q-tips. Now I am a Q-tip snob so for me to just by any Q-tip is a big deal. But Jesse said we needed them so we bought them. I should have known by the packaging, they came in a plastic baggy. Once we were back at the apartment Jess pulled 2 out and began to twist them in his ears. So I took 2 out and began to twist them in my ears, not hard, just an easy twist, back and forth. When I pulled the right Q-tip out I noticed there was no cotton on the end. I said to Jess “I think the cotton is stuck in my ear.” How could that happen? Jess looked in my ear but saw nothing. He then “MacGyvered” a tool out of the end of a Q-tip missing the cotton. At this point I will try anything but I must say I was reluctant to put this thing that just screwed me up back in my ear! I put this tool in my ear and twisted and turned hoping to catch the end of the cotton and pull it out. Twisting and turning, back and forth…but no luck. I jumped on one leg with my head tilted, I held my nose and blew, still nothing. Once Jess was able to get online he went to “what to do if you get a Q-tip stuck in your ear.” It read, “See a Doctor!” I phoned our Ukrainian Adoption Doctor and told him what happened and he said, “I can’t hear you, what did you say?” I said, “I was using a Q-tip and the cotton got stuck in my ear!” It was so comical we all were laughing. He asked if it was an emergency and told me that it was not life threatening and If I could stand the “discomfort” for one night then he would send me to and ENT tomorrow. Jess and I had the giggles…who else would get a Q-tip stuck in their ear while they’re in the Ukraine? Apparently me! Jess says I should sleep with my good ear on the pillow that way since I can’t hear out of the "bad” ear I should sleep pretty well. I’ll give it a try. Geeze I know I have been wanting a good nights rest, but I certainly did not have to go to this extent. Will fill you in on the Doctors visit tomorrow and update you with our 3rd appointment date.

Ukrainian name for Q-Tip- Cotton Cobb

8 comments:

Mom W said...

Well what else can you do your just a bundle of qtip cobb and yes only you could this happen to thats because you were watching Jess see what happens. Hope things go well in the am hope you can get the clob out of your ear cobb or something like that there you hear.

Mom W said...

your a whimsical women

Mom W said...

Its 6:30pm and I'm still laughing I hope your in no pain are you sure its not on the floor somewhere? maybe it fell in the sink? we will get it out tom?

Love You

Alli B. said...

I hear you girl!!!!

Love, Alli B.

Achmed the Dead Terrorist said...

Haz yuz gotz vacuum?
in ear try

Are you sc**red!!!!

Achmed the Dead Terrorist said...

oooh...Nicole....
On a stick!!

HA! HAA!

elena said...

You have me crying again today, but at least this time it's with laughter. I hope you were able to remedy the problem without too much discomfort. You're a nut!

So you've probably had your third appt. by the time you read this... I've been thinking and praying for you guys. My whole office is now consumed with your story and are also very hopeful for you.

Until next time...
Elena

Unknown said...

What?