Tuesday, August 12, 2008

1 more wake-up

Yahoo...1 more wake-up! I had an overwhelming day filled with love, support, gifting,and celebrating. I was taken by surprise by the abundant e-mails from co-workers, clients, friends and family wishing us a safe and successful journey. There were several special moments throughout the day that brought tears to my eyes. I cried happy tears, nervous tears, tears of relief and tears of love. One of the highlights of the day was a special gift we received from our friends Olga and Ari. It is a gold pin with an evil-eye charm and a gold charm of the Torah. It is to be pinned on the the back of the child's garment to keep the evil-eye of jealousy and envy at bay. It's beautiful~
Jess and I brought Maggie to my parents house this evening and stayed for dinner. Mom cooked her delicious brisket which Jess proceeded to have endless helpings of. If she thought she was gonna have left-overs for tomorrow she was wrong. My sister Allison stopped by to send us off with hugs and kisses, and Jesse's sister Haley and brother-in-law Jim stopped by to wish us well before we left. Spent time eating, and visiting.
It is going to be hard to sleep tonight (not because of the chocolate cake and ice cream), after all...we are leaving tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Good Morning Nicole & Jesse,

No more wake up days, your journey begins today. I am so excited for you both as you complete your family. Olga's mother said, " you fly away as birds, you come back with nest." I pray for a safe, amazing,and successful journey. I will keep positive thoughts for you on the 20th. You will know your child when you meet him or her and will fall in love instantly. There is nothing more incredible than becoming a parent, and the both of you will be terrific! I love you both dearly and am honored to follow along.

xoxo,

Anna Browne

Olga said...

We wish only love, light, patience, strength, smiles and laughter on this amazing trip you will now begin. You are about to begin a new chapter of your lives and we pray for a safe return home of the Wiener family! The very best of everything to Momma and Poppa! Godspeed!