Tuesday, August 5, 2008

8 more wake-ups

Last night was a sleepless night thinking of all sorts of things. Over and over in my head, did you get all the right papers notarized and or apostilled? Are you sure that you printed the right reports? Are our statements going to suffice or should I make more copies of our tax returns? Did I pay all of our bills for the next couple of months? Are you sure? How many more clients do I have to see in the next few days? What is Maggie our doggie going to think when she sees the suitcases? Does she know we are bringing a child home? And so on and so on. I just could not quiet my mind. And then the day began.
At noon I had a phone meeting with our agency facilitator Victoria in Seattle to go over our paperwork and I am thrilled to say I can breath a sigh of relief... I have all the paperwork completed and we are good to go.Just waiting on two things from the agency which should arrive by the end of the week.
So another day will shortly come to an end and we will be that much closer to meeting our child.

6 comments:

mom and dad said...

It is getting closer and closer to when we will meet our new grandchild. The days have gone quickly for me and I hope your days in the Ukraine will go as fast and smoothly.It is very exciting that a "little one" will be coming home with you.
Love,
Mom and Dad

Auntie M said...

I am so excited to know that my new great niece or nephew will have been born in the Ukraine, where my Mother Sema was born.
When we meet I will tell her/him about the Russian connection.
All your East Coast Family are so happy for you both and on pins and needles awaiting every bit of news.
Much Love,
Auntie M

spaul said...

We are so excited to see our new great niece or nephew. Rome will be the start of your amazing adventure as parents. Followed up by meeting your wonderful child in the Ukraine. Our positive thoughts will be with all 3 of you during this magnificent journey.
Love, Steve and Sylvia

mom and dad said...

WELL TWO MORE THINGS ARE OFF THE SHOPPING LIST.........HOPE YOU GUYS DON'T HAVE MUCH MORE.
THE HOURS ARE PASSING.
LOVE, MOM AND DAD
I'M ALSO TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW THIS WORKS EASILY.

Kelly Merbler said...

We are praying for you both...you deserve this long overdue addition to your family!

Kelly, Brian, Evan & Cole Merbler

Mom W said...

Yikes time is up it seemed so long and now yikes its here so quick all our love goes with you have as much fun as you can and the time will go by faster say hi to all the kids from the family and wish them well.