Saturday, August 9, 2008

4 more wake ups

I stayed true to my word, and packed light. So light that Jesse said,"you pack more when we just go away for the weekend!"I decided just to do basics, keep it simple, surely this will give me bonus points with our facilitator. My only dilemma at this point is should I bring my running shoes and running clothes? I would love to be able to exercise but not sure how that is going to work. I have paperwork to organize and a few more items to pack and then I'm done. Jess is packed and just needs to get his electronics in order, and that's not an easy task. DVD player, Ukrainian phone, computer, ipod, camcorder, digital camera, etc. With luck we will both be finished by tomorrow night.
Watched a little bit of the Olympics today and found myself completely moved to tears as 3 American women took the Gold, Silver, and Bronze in a swimming event. Emotions are raw, feeling very sensitive.
One more day closer!

3 comments:

mom and dad said...

Dear Nick and Jess; I'm about as nervous as you must be in beginning an adventure that will change all of our lives. No one can really count the differences that will occur on the day you become a mom & pop and I become a grand pop again. I thank you for giving me that privelege and making me so very proud of both of you again for what both of you
have accomplished.
Pops

Helen said...

LOVE YOU GUYS!

HELEN

Helen said...

WRITE MORE LATER - HAD WRITTEN EARLIER, BUT COULDN'T REMEMBER MY PASSWORD SO IT TOOK ME TIME TO RESET AND NOW I HAVE TO RUN. I HAVE CHILLS ESPECIALLY FROM YOUR LAST BLOG...SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH AND AM VERY GLAD YOU GOT THERE SAFELY!

HELEN