Saturday, August 16, 2008

Magnifico Rome

Explored all day yesterday. St. Pietro Basilica built in 459 a.D - where we saw Michelangelo's masterpiece "Moses", and the chains of Peter. Visited the Roman forum, The Unknown Solider, the Colosseum. We were in awe all day. The Colosseum was astonishing, holding 40,000-70,000 spectators. Words can not describe the intensity of the whole experience.
Today we are walking to the Pantheon, Spanish Steps, back to the Trevi fountain to throw in coin from my office and hopefully catching an afternoon tour of the catacombs.
Ciao ciao-

3 comments:

kiska-o said...

Since I’m sure you’re wondering about my day (!)…I’ll be spending time in my laundry room, built circa 1930 AD, repaired 2008 AD! I think there are some great restaurants near the Pantheon (lot’s of outdoor cafes) so hopefully you’ll have another great meal sitting in the shadow of history! It won’t be long before you move on to the Ukraine. We’re winning millions in the lotto tonight. Have you found our villa yet?
Ciao
J

Shaia said...

Glad to hear you arrived safely :)! It's about time you put some photos on the blog...more, more, more!! I was once in an elevator with Snoop...pretty tall guy, huh?? Enjoy your last moment as a twosome...4 days until Kiska countdown :)...SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! Love you!!

Mom W said...

Ok all is go your having a great time in the old world and the next post will be from the Ukraine its really getting exciting now and I can't wait to buy something for our new member of the family.

Love