Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tomorrow is the day

The sun shined brightly and lit up our room early this morning. Before long Jess and I were up and out. Our main goal today was to keep busy, walk the city, and make it to the SDA to channel positive energy for tomorrow. I silently stood next to the building and asked "Kiska" (we refer to our child as this) to reveal herself/himself to us tomorrow around 3pm when we are at our appointment. "Please wait until the exact time that we are in our meeting so that we can find you," I said. We are trying very hard and need to see your file tomorrow. Please don't be scared little one...we promise to love you, protect you, keep you safe, and we promise you will never go hungry. Your Papa loves dessert so there will be plenty of that too! Jess stood close pleading to "Kiska" too. He is sure that our little one is ready to come out and play. Tonight we anxiously await trying desperately not to let the anxiety creep in.
We walked along the open market across the way from the SDA and bought a few souvenirs. I really wanted to buy this beautiful handmade Ukrainian blouse but the asking price was $71 American dollars. I figured I should wait until Sveta returns and ask her to help me negotiate. Funny, those of you that know me would never imagine that I would be asking someone else to negotiate something for me! I will definitely return home with one of these blouses. They remind me of an embroidered shirt from the 60's...totally groovy!
Closing today with sincere gratitude to all of our friends and family and thanking you for sending us your good thoughts and positive energy for tomorrow's 3pm appointment. Thanks to all of you who have recruited your "peeps" to help us with this too...it's making a difference!
So many questions and thoughts fill our mind about tomorrow, the time to sleep will not come fast enough. We were reminded yesterday by dear friends that we have each other and that everything is going to work out exactly the way it supposed to. Sleep tight Kiska, tomorrow something good is going to happen!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a journey you two are on!

I pray that tomorrow goes perfectly, and that your dream is fulfilled.

Jess, the whole groups sends you greetings and best wishes.

Melissa

kiska-o said...

It's already almost tomorrow in the Ukraine. By the time we all wake up tomorrow here in California, may the two of you have laid eyes on the paperwork of your child. May you know him/her as soon as the translater begins to tell you his/her story. May you be able to point to a picture and say "That one!".

Positive energy! Fingers crossed! Rabbit's foot rubbed!

Love, J

Mom W said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you at all hours and betwext and between so something good is going to happen we all can feel it. The vibes are far reaching from here to you and beyond.

Much Love

Kimmie Bell said...

So, can you please get me one of those blouses? I'm a medium or large. I'll pay you when I see you at the airport with little olga/dmitri! ;) xo Kimmie, Duane and Romie