Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Awaiting tomorrow

Excited that we were able to communicate last night and we were thrilled to receive so many responses. Busy running around today. Arrived at the State Dept around noon to find out our appointment time for tomorrow. It is 11am. Please send us positive energy and good thoughts.
It was very surreal walking up to the building which is old and very unassuming. While we were there we watched an Italian couple exit with tears in their eyes. It was obvious that they were tears of joy! Jess and I both looked at each other and fought back our tears. We can only imagine at this point what it must have felt like. Our facilitator Sveta told us that Italians adopt more children from the Ukraine than any other country, then Spain and then the US.
Tomorrow there are about 12 appointments altogether starting at 9am. It is very strange to be at this point in our journey and surprisingly I am quite relaxed and confident. Jesse is feeling more nervous than I, but truthfully together we are balancing one another out. We are keeping ourselves busy until we leave our apartment at 9:30am t0morrow. How could it be that tomorrow we will be choosing our child? How do we know we are making the right choice? How will our child feel when we first meet them? How will our lives change? How can today we be childless and tomorrow we begin to become parents? We ask each other these questions again and again, and without reservation we know that the Universe is setting it up just perfect for all of us to come together. Hoping we get some sleep tonight...tomorrow will be a wonderful day!
We will blog immediately after our appointment. Do zavtra!

9 comments:

mom and dad said...

WE ARE WITH YOU ALL THE WAY!!!! WE LIFT OUR GLASSES TO TOMORROW.
LOVE,
MOM AND DAD

Mom W said...

The real journey is about to begin and soon you will return to us as a Mom and Dad with a Son or Daughter I look forward to meeting my frst granchild who I love already because its part of you both, so I raise my coffe cup and salute you for all your hard work and many many accomlishments.

Love you

kiska-o said...

For anyone reading this, here is the link to the time and temp in Kiev.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=367


For those of us here in California, it is a 10 hour time difference, so plan on sending your "positive energy" at about 1:00 am! (Sunny...you and I will be up!)
The moment is almost here! Yippee!!

Love, J

Cuz L said...

We are with you all the way and likewise, on countdown. Can't wait to hear all the news after the meeting tomorrow. So excited!

Much love

Cuz L & D

Shaia said...

O.K...now figured out the Ukraine time/day :). Sending positive wishes and lots of love your way. We know what you're going through & very soon the pieces of the puzzle will fit together. You will get the child that was meant to be yours, and you will both be amazing parents!! <3

Lori "Stone" said...

I'm so excited for you both! tomorrow will be a beautiful day for all of us, especially that lucky child !

xoxo

Lori

Lori "Stone" said...

I'm so excited for you both! tomorrow will be a beautiful day for all of us, especially that lucky child !

xoxo

Lori

spaul said...

We are sending positive thoughts your way and are so excited for you both. No worries, the child you pick will be the right one, you will feel it in your hearts and see it in their eyes. We can't wait until you return as new parents!

Love you so much, we're overflowing with pride!
Sylvia and Steve

Alli B. said...

I have been thinking of the 2 of you everyday I wake. I check your blog every morning 3am.
Tears of joy just came to me when I read your blog. I am wishing you all the positive energy I can breath in and blow right back at ya. I am so excited to meet my new Niece or Nephew and Mom and Dad are glowing.
Love you guys so much
Alli B