Monday, August 11, 2008

2 more wake-ups

Taking a quick break from getting it all together. Seems strange that I am still "doing." You would think I'd be done by now, but there is still stuff to do. Can you believe we only have 2 more wake ups? Unbelievable.
Received the paperwork today from our agency that I was waiting on and photobooks that my sister Gaby made for us. They came out darling! Thanks Gaby. It was suggested to us that we put together modest photos of our home, work, family including the Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Grandparents, Maggie dog, nearby park, community etc. We will leave one photobook with our child at the orphanage so they can get familiar with their new family and digs, and one for the orphanage Director, and the Judge.
Tomorrow when we awake we will be saying...only 1 more wake-up!

5 comments:

Cuz L said...

Well guys, who would have guessed after all this time, that the big day would only be around the corner. Our thoughts and love are with you both on this tremendous journey.

Cuz L & D, London

mom and dad said...

Can't believe that the time is almost here for your new great adventure.
So exciting and even if your not nervous, I am.
With all our love and good thoughts
Mom and Dad

kiska-o said...

As you know, my nephew Cole has been with me now for 6 days. So far the computer has crashed, he left the shower running (without him in it) for half an hour, the plumbing is broken, he unplugged the phone, the battery in my car died after he spent time listening to his new CD, Sophie has been living in a combination of sheer terror at his existence and wanting him to pet her, and I've had to stop at the ready teller every day to have cash on hand for the CD...the earrings...the parking at the beach...the hamburgers...the slurpees...the "tattoos"...etc. It isn't easy and I'm just an Aunt! But I wouldn't change it for the world! You are only few days away from making the same life memories with your child! I can't wait to take him/her for his/her first (temporary) tattoo! Let the games begin!

Love, J

Shaia said...

....just keep swimmin
....just keep swimmin

Haley said...

Time is going so fast now.... you will have so much fun on your journey to far away places. I will think about the two of you the entire time you are gone. I look forward to you coming home as parents and me as an Aunt. :) I do love you both so much and I am so happy for you I can barely contain it. You will both make the best parents....
I love you!
Haley