Friday, August 15, 2008

Buon Giorno

Arrived in Roma safely after an uneventful flight. Prior to leaving however we were surprised by my Mother who met us at the airport to see us off. What a wonderful moment, and I only cried for 1 minute. Then of all people I was picked as a "special" candidate for excessive screening. Not often am I searched by another woman!
We were having trouble getting online so I missed blogging yesterday.
When we arrived in Rome we were picked up by our driver "Sylvia", that was right after Jesse said "whad up" to "snoop dog" who happened to be on our flight. How funny is that?
Our hotel is in the town center close to everything. It is easily accessible with quaint restaurants and cobblestone streets. It is perfect. The hotel staff are wonderful and upgraded us to a "master" just because. Now in order to get to our upgraded room we have to walk 3 blocks up the street to another building, where I assume several hotels have additional rooms. Now a "master" is not exactly what you would picture in the US but it is perfect. We ran around the city all night, had a magical dinner at a tiny restaurant down a very small side street,and then worked our way to the "Trevi Fountain." Jess and I managed to throw a few coins in and yes now we are assured we will come back one day!
Off to explore the city today...more later.

7 comments:

kiska-o said...

You know I am totally jealous of this part of your journey!! Glad you arrived safely and even if the "master" isn't what we would expect here, it all sounds wonderful! In fact...the fact that it isn’t what we would expect here is what makes it so appealing! ! Got an e-mail from Franci and she arrived safely in Jerusalem. She’s experiencing cobblestone streets too. It all sounds wonderful. Have fun!
Ciao
J

Lori "Stone" said...

What a wonderful way to begin your adventure!! Enjoy each moment of that beautiful city, please let it know that I will return too :) (with my new husband one day!)

have fun, and keep blogging!!

xo
Lori

Kimberly said...

I am so happy you arrived safely. What a way to begin an amazing journey in such a beautiful city. I can just see Jesse saying what's up to Snoop Dogg. Hahaha. Enjoy each other and hurry back with your child PLEASE!! :)

XOXOXO
Kimberly ♥

ps: nicole "look at me"

elena said...

I just have to tell you that my "crew" here at work all got a kick out of Jesse's interaction with Snoop Dog. Anyway, it sounds absolutely romantic. Have a great time!

E.

judy said...

Rome...A great way to start your day. So enjoy this way of keeping up with you guys, much better than "POST CARDS" Shelby is counting the days til you get home she wants to be there to meet your new addition.
LOve ya,
Judy

Anna said...

WOW!! I'm so jealous but yet so happy for you. I was in Roma way to long ago and so need to go back but in the mean time I'll enjoy the beauty through your eyes. Tell Jesse I saw Sylvester Stallone walking the cobblestone streets when I was there. Glad to hear you made it there safely. Miss you and have a wonderful time.

Ciao

Anna Browne

Helen said...

Nicole and Jess,

Thinking of you both, praying and wishing you the best! Stay stong! Everything will work out the way it is suppose too!

Love,

Helen