Saturday, August 30, 2008

Weekend

The sound of rain hitting the building kept us in bed this morning. It was nice to sleep in.
Jesse cooked a great breakfast and we took it easy until the afternoon. Back to our coffee cafe place just up the street. Did not feel like going to far because of the rain. Thought about buying an umbrella but never did. Ordered lunch/dinner at the coffee place. We had a delicious cesars salad and a chicken and tomato pannini. I was craving iceberg lettuce. There is no problem finding cabbage here, but lettuce is difficult. The best thing about our outing was dessert! Jess has been eye-balling this scrumptious dish for a few days now and finally broke down today. We indulged in what they call pancakes. We know it as a crepe. The one Jesse ordered was filled with warm chocolate nutella, hazelnuts, and raisins, with powdered sugar sprinkled on top and to finish it off there was white and dark chocolate syrup drizzled all over it. OMG...I looked at Jesse after his first bite...he was in heaven! It was by far the best thing we have ever had! At some point today Jesse looked at me and said, "I have never in my whole life wanted a weekend to go by so fast!" That is pretty much the way we are feeling. Have a big day planned for tomorrow to walk the city and keep busy. Heard from Sveta just awhile ago and her plan is to catch a bus from her hometown tomorrow evening around 9pm. That will put her back in Kiev on Monday morning around 6am in time for our second appointment.

6 comments:

Shaia said...

Now, I'm hungry!!! Please bring one of those back for us! It was WONDERFUL to hear your voices today :)!!!! Thank you sooo much! You are constantly on our minds. Sunday will go by quickly...and Monday is the day...only positive thinking!!! xoxo

kiska-o said...

Forget the dessert...look at the design on the plate! It's a spiral and I think that's a great sign! For the Hopi Indians, the “ spiral represents the number of journeys or treks a tribe or nation has made to the four corners of the earth”. I'd say you've just about searched the four corners of the earth for your child! In ancient Britain, “the spiral is associated with the feminine as the doorway to life”. Sounds like motherhood to me!! Many indigenous cultures use “the spiral to show that there is a conscious energy force within all living things”. May the force be with you! (OK…so I have a reference book and I’m not afraid to use it!) Gotta find the positive in the situation!

Your weekend is already half over. May Sveta have a safe trip back to you and may the circle/spiral of life bring you and your child together on Monday.

Love, J

Haley said...

Hi - Monday is around the corner! Enjoy for now. It was so nice to hear your voice today. I miss you so much... And as stated before, can not wait for you to be home.
I am praying that Monday is the day and that everything goes well for you... Have a nice rest of the weekend. I love you both!
Haley

Mom W said...

Hi from Uncle Steven Aunt Syl Mom and Dad it was good hearing your voice hope the rain stops so you can get in some walking. Sylvia just finished smoking would you belive a cigar in the garage with you know who and watching Janis Joplin sweating and stinking in the garage. Hope you have a great wk-end taking in the sites and good luck on Monday with your little one.

We all Love You

Alli B. said...

Hello there, It was great to here from you guys and Yummy..in my Tummy with that desert Jess had. I am thinking all positive thoughts and saying my prays all day long. Wonderful things are coming your way.
I will be babysitting your 1st child Maggie Girl today and tonight she will probably stay under Moms desk and forget I am there. I will make sure she gets here carrots (not to many)
Love you always, Alli B.

Sharon P said...

Hello-

Just to let you know that we wait everyday for news regarding you and the little one.

We love you-
Take care of yourselves.
Sharon and Family